That feeling again

February 26, 2018

Do you ever get the feeling the universe is trying to push you in a certain direction?

Do you keep stumbling across the same themes in your conversations with others?

Do friends keep highlighting your natural abilities as things that could not only help others, but bring you true joy and purpose?

Sometimes you might feel like you're going mad with all the internal and external chatter and be left to ponder "what it all means?"

I'm just as lost as the next person when it comes to figuring out my true purpose. But one thing in my life is certain right now. The knocking!!! The persistent "rap rap rap" that resonates through my life in a variety of ways, almost on a daily basis of late.

There is definitely ONE little thing that keeps circulating throughout my life, and the lives of those closest to me. The same words appear in conversations regularly. The same sentiments pop up over and over and I find myself unable to switch off from their very obvious message. It SCREAMS "we're trying to tell you something here lady - now LISTEN for goodness sake!"

Yes and like many I silently respond with "yeh yeh I hear you, but I'm busy right now, can't you see."

So when is the time to just stop listening and start DOING?
(If you've got the answer, please drop me a line - cos I'm struggling with it myself!)

But let's philosophise for a minute and pretend we all know what we're doing here, okay!

In the perfect world, all stress, routine and challenge aside, surely we'd heed the call, drop our things and go running through our field of dreams with a new sense of purpose and worth! We'd embrace the immediate call to action and "begin this wonderful purposeful thing at ONCE."

And we'd do it without fear!

We'd bound to the other side of that field and go forth with gusto, creativity and total self-belief!

Photo by Amy Treasure at unsplash.com

But perhaps an ever better answer lies within "that field". Perhaps we shouldn't speed through it, but rather we should take the time to lie down in it, immerse ourselves in the beauty and wonder of our imagination and ideas. We should visualise them taking flight, evolving and soaring all around us, until at last we believe in them so much, that the confidence they've instilled in us, sees us intuitively move forward with all the strength and clarity we need.

So maybe I'll just dive into a world of pure imagination for a while and let the field of visualisation envelop me until I'm ready to burst free from my cocoon displaying my new, wild colours!

Yes, for now, that's where I'll start.
And they do say that "taking the first step is the hardest".

Look out Field of Visualisation here I come!

P.S. This little piece is inspired by a dear friend going through a challenging time! Her courage and inner beauty give me strength!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts