Blessed are we

November 28, 2010

Blessed are we who are healthy.

It's often not until we watch our child, a family member or close friend go through illness time and time again that we come to realise and appreciate that the one thing in life that matters is pure love.

So why do we drift apart from the heart of life? Why do we get caught up in life's complexities, luxuries, pretenses when what we really need is inside us all along?

Dare I begin to speculate. And I could, for hours and hours over cup of coffee after cup of coffee. But I won't because to do so would take me away yet again from pure love. It's there in each of us....and surfaces when we need it most. If only we could tap into it regularly and shrug off all the other unwanted debris.

After watching my son struggle with illness for nearly three weeks now, I vow to embrace pure love each and every day. It's the thing that binds and mends us.

Blessed are we who are healthy.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts