The positive power of new connections

November 10, 2010

There's nothing like the positive power of new connections, especially when the sparks are flying.

Have you ever met someone new, and in an instant felt as if you've known them forever.

If we're lucky enough we might experience a handful of these moments in a lifetime. What's sad is that few of us take the time to fully engage during these perceived chance meetings. Some people are shy, afraid or simply overwhelmed by the force of the energy shift they encounter in these situations. But if we allow too much room for these thoughts the moment passes and the person who has ignited our inner flame has left the room or walked away.

How magical would it be if we could embrace these incredible gifts of friendship every time they appear.

Some people say that the older we get the more difficult it is to form bonds with others. I disagree. As a middle aged person I feel much more comfortable in my own skin and more confident in my ability to form lasting relationships. So perhaps those of us who are a little further down the track should tap into this maturity to help us embrace these powerful offerings of kinship.

Regardless of our age or gender we shouldn't be afraid to open up to someone whose energy seems to blend into our own.

Sometimes if we're lucky enough the same person will keep appearing in our lives and the link will evolve over time. Once in place it's important to keep the connection alive by making time to get to know one another. Who knows - the benefits could be life changing and you might just get to know a whole new side of yourself. Not to mention form a very real union with someone who has similar ideals to you.

I strongly believe that people come to us when we most need them. There have been several times in my life when I feel this has happened for me. One seemingly ethereal connection in my early twenties was particularly empowering. And although the coupling was short lived it was powerful enough to turn me full circle to face a new and bright beginning at an otherwise unhappy time in my life. I often wonder where I'd be had I given in to my fear of the overwhelming weight of the connection. Instead I am eternally grateful to this person who I often think of as my guardian angel. As a result of this powerful fleeting encounter I am a much better person and I am more aware and open to sychronistic events. Win win.

So whether it's short or long lived I say it's worth it. Embrace chance meetings that seem almost too good to be true, especially during the times you most need a boost. Give them your attention for they might just be there for a reason. Ask for contact details, introduce yourself. Don't let the moment pass you by. This all empowering force could be just what you've been waiting for.

Boost connections to feel more alive.

This blog post is inspired by a very real and new connection for which I am grateful.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. How'd I miss this?? Soo true, I love synchronisity and am very thankful for the connections that I have made and am stoked that we've connected!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts