The UPside of Isolation

March 05, 2015

Today I had an epiphany!!! YES an epiphany.

And it's all thanks to Isolation!!!
Those who know "extroverted" me, will appreciate this story and revelation...

It's true - for years I've bitched and moaned about feeling isolated from my friends and peers.  Falling in love and moving to the country (well almost) has had it setbacks.
I hated being further away from my friends, services, work, gym, etc.
And the 1.5hr commute each way to my previous workplace nearly sent me completely mad.

Well it's been 7 years now and I'm finally accepting that the 12 minute drive to the shops when we run out of milk, actually isn't that bad. There's a lot of time to THINK in a 24 minute round trip! And thinking is GOOD.
On that note, there's actually a lot to be said for ISOLATION.
For a start, you become much more organised and self sufficient.

And then there's the quiet - did I mention the QUIET!!!!
Ok there are some sounds....cicadas, frogs, birds, the wind rustling through the trees, the whoosh of water in the creek, the squeaking guinea pigs in the backyard, and let's not forget the chickens....but people? - NO - none to be seen or heard. 

All this quiet seems to do something to the brain, the soul and the heart.
Something opens up - a BIG something - a BRILLIANT something.....It's called self belief. 

Suddenly there is no urban or human static drowning out the far fetched musings or creative ideas in your head!!! You are FREE to think, feel and create whatever the heck you want.

And then you DO. You start, and you embrace every minute of doing whatever the heck YOU want. You can't help it - it just happens. Isolation seems to breed truth and before you realise it, you are genuinely immersed in yourself, your passion, your natural state of being.

And for that alone, I THANK isolation.

I encourage you all to find a little piece of isolation each day....drift out to your island of ME and let the quiet tides of truth lead you to your authentic self. And if you're stuck in the static, meditation is a great way to get there! Go on, give it a go.

I guarantee it will feel GOOD!!
And that my friends, is what this blog is all about!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts