Expand your Circle of Love

May 27, 2014

Last night as I was reading one of my favourite mags I stumbled upon a quote that really resonated with me - in fact, I re-read it several times because it's impact was immense.


The article was about a single dad receiving advice from his mum regarding the raising of his children. But the sentiment of this quote is relevant to many areas of our lives, as adults also. It read:

"My mother told me that the more people a child has who truly love him or her, the happier that child will be. So I work hard to maintain and expand their circles of love."

BAM - isn't it great!!

As a child who was raised with a relatively small circle of love, a lot of things finally made sense to me upon reading those words. 

As as a mother, I was filled with a powerful sense of determination, to create loving circles for my own family.

And as an individual I was suddenly aware of where my life purpose stemmed from.

These powerful words remind us of the importance of connection, whether it be with family, friends, colleagues, community members etc. These connections are all so important and relevant to our ability to feel love, confidence and happiness. 

Sure a lot of it comes down to how we feel on the inside but it made perfect sense to me that if you have a loving circle of people in your life, you somehow DO feel better....happier....healthier.

So friends, let's connect with each other and our wider communities to increase our own circles of love. In the end it must surely contribute to us all forming a global connection of love and peace. And that's got to be a good thing.

If you're stuck for ideas, here are a few tips to expand your circle:

  • Invite a new neighbour over for a cuppa, or at least put a welcome note in their letterbox
  • Call that friend you haven't spoken to in years and arrange a time to eye ball each other (yes, peeps I know you're all out there)
  • Make a cuppa for a work colleague you don't usually liaise with
  • Have a spontaneous BBQ with family (no reason required)
  • Throw that 40th you never threw for yourself and make it BIG - create a dress-up theme for fun
  • Arrange to meet friends at the same time every month for that well deserved catch up.
Happy circling everyone!

    Image courtesy of freeimages.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Would love to hear from you - please share your thoughts